Sunday, August 25, 2019

Freight car roster

There is now a link in the upper right corner to the St. G. R. R. freight car roster. So far I have built 10 of the 24 cars on the list. Here is the general lineup as I currently imagine it:

10-14: Non-revenue: Cabooses 10 and 11, plus three slots for future additions.
15-22: Short (20') flatcars from JM Concepts, now out of production. I believe they are freelanced. Two have been built and six are in progress.
23-26: Boxcars.  The only one that is already in service is #25, which was originally numbered 35.
27-32: 24' and 28' flatcars based on Maine prototypes: the Monson RR (Stevens Creek Models, re-released by RS Laser Kits a few years ago but I believe they are again out of production), Kennebec Central (Railway Recollections), and SR&RL (Mt. Blue Model Co.).  The SR&RL flatcars will have sides for coal service.  #31 is under construction; the rest are in service.

The single digits are reserved for locomotives and passenger cars.  I will update the roster as I finish more rolling stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment