Saturday, August 3, 2019

More forney details

July was a typically slow summer modeling month, but I found some time to detail the rear deck of the forney.  In addition to the stirrups and other details, I added 1x2 trim around the top edge to make it look like the deck overhangs the frame, as on the prototype locomotives:



In the model, the housing on top of the deck is the mechanism that allows the rear truck to slide from side to side to accommodate sharper curves.  I made sure that the details won't restrict this motion, although with my relatively broad curves it wasn't likely to be a problem.  The wires are from the Kato passenger truck used to provide extra pickups for the motor.  At some point in the future I might replace the truck with something more prototypical, but for now I will keep it as it's hard to see anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment